ESL Teaching Hero Spotlight
Tonya Ward Singer
Tonya Ward Singer Articles & Resources
Tonya Ward Singer is passionate about helping teachers make a difference in students' lives.
Her book EL Excellence is a go-to manual for many teachers for practical tips and strategies to help English learners meet the rigors of grade-level materials. You can get a copy on Amazon here. One of the activities Tonya recommends in the book is called Color-Coded Writing which you can read more about by clicking on the link.
Tonya Ward Singer's Story
Tonya tells the story of how a teacher helped her find her voice when she was a child.
Tonya's experiences with excellent teachers as a child contributed to her passion as an adult to help other teachers have the same impact in students' lives.
You have to read how Tonya tells the story herself here.
Tonya is now a bestselling author, keynote speaker and learning leader in schools.
"I work to disrupt inequities by empowering teachers with asset mindsets and effective pedagogy to elevate literacy learning." - Tonya Singer Ward
- 10 Tech Tools for Engaging Your ELLs
- 10 Thrilling ESL Task Card Activities to Get Amazing Results from Your ELLs
- 2nd Grade ESL Teaching Curriculum Guide and Resources
- LDI – Listen Discuss Identify – ESL Vocabulary Activity
- 8 Practical Steps to Creating an Online ESL Teaching Business
- Practical Strategies for Teaching Academic Language to ELLs