When you have newcomers with little English who have just arrived, one of the most helpful things you can do for them is to teach them some of the most common classroom English they’re likely to hear on a daily basis.
That is the goal of this pack which includes 1 Survival English speaking lesson from inside the ESL Curriculum Membership.
This pack includes:
- Survival English phrases with illustrations for each phrase
- Listening questions to practice
- An independent coloring page
- A speaking dice cutout activity
- Flash cards for teaching and review
If you need a good flash card activity to use with your students, check out this personal favorite.
My #1 Ridiculously-Effective Vocab Flash Card Game for ELLs
Check out this fun, low-prep activity you can use with any set of flashcards.
Your students will love it and they’ll have the words more embedded in their long-term memory as a result.
If you find that you need more, sign up for the ESL Curriculum Membership where you’ll get access to 1000s of engaging, effective, sequential teaching resources including 45 Survival English Lessons covering the basics of what your newcomers will need to interact with you and the other students in an all-English environment.
You can grab the free resource download by clicking the button below.
- Practical Strategies for Teaching Academic Language to ELLs
- 10 Thrilling ESL Task Card Activities to Get Amazing Results from Your ELLs
- Sentence Stems: Can They Improve Your English Learners’ Discussion and Writing?
- Make Grade-Level Texts Fall-Out-of-Your-Seat Funny and Memorable for ELLs
- How to Teach ESL: A Comprehensive Guide
- 4th Grade ESL Teaching Curriculum Guide and Resources