1-Minute Videos, Articles & Resources for ESL Teachers
What do your ESL students struggle with? (and FREE Teaching Resources)
If you have ever been surprised by what your ESL students don't know, you are not alone.
I have been in that situation many times.
When you get a new group of ESL students--or even a group you have had for a while--finding out what your students know and don't know is a good place to start.
Once you know in what areas your students struggle, you can prioritize how you spend your time.
Otherwise, you run the risk of putting the cart before the horse.
In my case:
The cart = Writing a Story
The Horse = The Past Tense
1-Minute PD Series
Join the Facebook Group
Join the Engaging ELLs - ESL Teaching Resources for K-12 to download the Kid-Inspired ESL Assessment and Guide to help get a clear picture of what your students know, what they don't, and what they should do next.
You will also find a FREE Irregular Past Tense Resource and more!
- Sentence Stems: Can They Improve Your English Learners’ Discussion and Writing?
- 4th Grade ESL Teaching Curriculum Guide and Resources
- 3-Step Close Reading Strategy for Beginner Readers – With Free Download
- Make Grade-Level Texts Fall-Out-of-Your-Seat Funny and Memorable for ELLs
- How to Use Translanguaging in the Classroom
- How to Teach ESL: A Comprehensive Guide