ESL Teaching Hero Spotlight: Valentina Gonzalez
Follow Valentina Gonzalez
Valentina has just released her new book called Reading & Writing with English Learners: A Framework for K-5!
In the book, she discusses reading and writing workshops, phonics, accommodations for your ELLs and more. You can grab your copy on Amazon here or by clicking the picture below.
Activities Inspired by Valentina Gonzalez
Below are strategies or activity ideas on Kid-Inspired Classroom that were either inspired by Valentina Gonzalez or that I know she supports. I will continue to add to this collection with time. You can find lots more from Valentina by checking the section below that lists her articles and resources.
Valentina Gonzalez Articles & Resources
Valentina Gonzalez runs a wonderful Facebook group called advocating for ELLs. There are so many professional, caring teachers who participate in discussions, supporting and encouraging each other.
I have had a few discussions with Valentina and have been impressed with her passion for education and social justice.
You can also find a great list of recommended books and resources on her blog.
Valentina Gonzalez's Story
Valentina Gonzalez spent many years teaching various grade levels before becoming an educational consultant providing professional development for those working with English learners.
"I believe that all students bring assets & value to our classrooms & that every teacher is a teacher of language." - Valentina Gonzalez
- 3-Step Close Reading Strategy for Beginner Readers – With Free Download
- 10 Tech Tools for Engaging Your ELLs
- How to Make Asynchronous Learning Effective and Engaging for Your ELLs
- 10 Thrilling ESL Task Card Activities to Get Amazing Results from Your ELLs
- 3rd Grade ESL Teaching Curriculum Guide and Resources
- Sentence Stems: Can They Improve Your English Learners’ Discussion and Writing?