Beat Your Own Time
1. Each student gets with a partner.
2. Partners take turns timing each other reading a passage or part of a passage.
3. Each student writes down how long it took him or her to read the passage.
4. The partners switch roles so that the other person can be timed reading the passage.
5. Then students try to beat their own scores, reading the passage more quickly than they did the first time.
Used this activity before or have a variation? Share about it in the comments below!
Sign Up for the
-- ESL Paths to Fluency Membership --
This page is a sample from the ESL Paths to Fluency membership. When you sign up for the ESL Paths to Fluency membership, you can conveniently access Kid-Inspired materials and teaching tools online and print any page from any unit from any device.
If you don't need access to all of the time-saving tools in the ESL Paths to Fluency Membership yet, just click on the Home button below.